Cubitek Mini Cube Case Review

Installation

Cubitek Mini Cube Case Review  



Installation

Installing a system inside the Mini Cube is a little different to what we expected. As mentioned earlier in the review, the case houses no drive bays and any drives are mounted to the rear of the motherboard tray. To do this, Cubitek have provided a plethora of screws and fittings to allow you to do this with ease.

Cubitek Mini Cube Case Review


Following the provided installation guide, it advises installing the motherboard first followed by the power supply and eventually any storage drives.

Cubitek Mini Cube Case Review


Drives are mounted to the motherboard tray by screwing a rubber grommet to the underside of the drive, then feeding it through the allocated holes. A maximum of 3x 3.5" drives or 5x 2.5" drives can be fitted to this area.

Cubitek Mini Cube Case Review    Cubitek Mini Cube Case Review  

 

 

«Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next»

Most Recent Comments

04-03-2013, 07:53:30

tinytomlogan
Today we will be looking at the Cubitek Mini Cube. A case that promises big things from a small package. OC3D take a look inside and see what the Mini Cube has to offer.

http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/artic...125502306l.jpg


Continue Reading

04-03-2013, 08:00:14

paulstung
Ok , but iv'e been curious about the Magic cube .

04-03-2013, 09:10:55

F-alienware
Hmm. How can you rate a case without testing the cooling? Surely it needs a PC built into it and compared against other cases?

From what I can see it has hardly any cooling at all meaning it's just going to be a hot box.

Bit of a disappointing review really. Didn't even fit a GPU to it.

04-03-2013, 09:29:18

Greenback
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Hmm. How can you rate a case without testing the cooling? Surely it needs a PC built into it and compared against other cases?

From what I can see it has hardly any cooling at all meaning it's just going to be a hot box.

Bit of a disappointing review really. Didn't even fit a GPU to it.
in the conclusion

"For most users, the low power systems that are usually put together in these type of cases won't be too concerned with temperatures as generally the components won't get too warm"

04-03-2013, 09:41:03

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Hmm. How can you rate a case without testing the cooling? Surely it needs a PC built into it and compared against other cases?

From what I can see it has hardly any cooling at all meaning it's just going to be a hot box.

Bit of a disappointing review really. Didn't even fit a GPU to it.

Very seldomly do we with ITX mate. Other than do they fit. lol

We would have to change the board to a better one to do any decent heat temps. Unless we get sent one that stays Im not buying anything.

04-03-2013, 09:55:03

FTR.4500MHz
I really like this little case!

And if cooling wise it might not have the best options you can always mod some intake/exhaust fans into it...

Otherwise nice review as usual.

Cheers.

04-03-2013, 10:12:03

F-alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Very seldomly do we with ITX mate. Other than do they fit. lol

We would have to change the board to a better one to do any decent heat temps. Unless we get sent one that stays Im not buying anything.
Yeah that makes sense. Problem is loads of people are moving to ITX now for powerful overclocked rigs.

I guess this case would be pretty useless for that. Quite surprised you've not been sent a ITX board for review though given that there are quite a few around now (Giga and Asrock make loads).

I went to PC world (gob spit) the other week and PCs are most definitely shrinking. The PC section looked completely pathetic.

04-03-2013, 10:31:30

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah that makes sense. Problem is loads of people are moving to ITX now for powerful overclocked rigs.

I guess this case would be pretty useless for that. Quite surprised you've not been sent a ITX board for review though given that there are quite a few around now (Giga and Asrock make loads).

I went to PC world (gob spit) the other week and PCs are most definitely shrinking. The PC section looked completely pathetic.

Most review stuff is on rotation. We have not done much ITX for a while anyways. Most ITX stuff is generally low power low heat.

Its still a tiny market for enthusiasts and something we will get too but ATM Im not sending Ian a high end cpu and gpu to use 3 times a year. Makes no business sense at all. Especially as Haswell is out in a few months.....

Need to think business matey

04-03-2013, 10:45:50

F-alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Most review stuff is on rotation. We have not done much ITX for a while anyways. Most ITX stuff is generally low power low heat.

Its still a tiny market for enthusiasts and something we will get too but ATM Im not sending Ian a high end cpu and gpu to use 3 times a year. Makes no business sense at all. Especially as Haswell is out in a few months.....

Need to think business matey
Fair enough.

04-04-2013, 04:03:03

Vlada011
Nice Little Case.
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.