CrystalFontz USB LCD CFA635
Published: 6th May 2006 | Source: CrystalFontz | Price: |
VFD LCD's are a market for those who want to add that something "extra" to their PC. Matrix Orbital and iMon have dominated the market but Crystalfontz have always been somewhat of an LCD enthusiast favourite. We take a look at the latest USB 20 x 4 LCD from Crystalfontz and see how it matches up.
Normally I would have a whole page of packaging but I received only a white box with the Crystalfontz logo on it. Now I "ordered" the LCD off of Crystalfonts site as per their request: so I have to assume that this is their retail packaging.
This reviewer actually prefers this way of packaging. The parts inside were well wrapped for the journey and here was a pretty impressive bundle in the box.
As I said above Crystalfontz have included a lot of hardware in this package. I got the full package with the System Board (SCAB) called DB635AK-TMF-KU3. It includes:
* 4 fan header extensions
* 4 Temperature Sensors with the ability to daisy chain onto one connecter on the SCAB.
* One SCAB to External USB Cable
* One SCAB to Internal USB Cable
* One Serial Port Connector
* One passthrough molex to floppy drive power connecter
* One SCAB to LCD PCB Cable allowing you to move the SCAB to somewhere else in your case.
* The CFA635-TMF (White on Blue) 20 x 4 USB LCD with Black Aluminium Surround and SCAB (including pre-installed LCD to SCAB cable)
But I think at this point you'll be asking: where's the software? where's the manual?
Well thats exactly what ran through my mind...there is none. On to that later
Crystalfontz have got in touch with me to say the following:
There is supposed to be a single-sheet install paper included with the USB displays. It is not much, but it at least tells where to get the drivers and software. Please accept my apologies for the missing sheet in your order.
So if your thinking of ordering fear not - they're should be a basic installation sheet.