| * Internal structure: the CNC machined C110 copper base plate is at the heart of Apogee™ GT cooling efficiency. Designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics, the Patent Pending Diamond Pin Matrix was further optimized in the "GT" version resulting in increased surface area and coolant velocity. The thickness remains at 3mm to promote a high compliance factor with its mating surface (i.e. the CPU heat spreader) thanks to the base plate flexing ability. This particular feature allows additional "tweaks" to the Apogee™ generation of water-blocks and may yield substantial performance gains as described in the tweaking guide HERE.|
Patent Pending Diamond Pin Matrix Copper base plate
of the Apogee™ GT
The Diamond Pin Matrix requires proper base-plate orientation in relation to the intlet and outlet ports as shown below:
* The housing is injection molded out of Black Acetal. This process is key to allow mass production of the water-block, and thus economies of scale.
Patent Pending Housing
* The universal hold-down plate features mounting holes for all current Desktop and midrange server processors (Xeon™, Opteron™). Optional hardware is available for high-end server processors (Itanium™).
Hold-down plate - Click to enlarge
* Nylon Fittings: 1/4" NPSM to 3/8" and/or 1/2" barbs
* Fitting O-ring: (2) EPDM O-ring AS568A Dash Number 112
* Base plate dimensions: 2" x 2" (50.5 x 50.5 mm)
* Assembly weight: : 6.7 oz (190 g)