Palit launch HD 4850 Sonic Page: 1
Factory overclocked Radeon 4850 from Palit
Palit have launched their new Radeon HD 4850 card today, which features a dual slot cooling solution. and is factory overclocked to some of the highest clocks yet seen on a 4850. If the claims Palit are making about it's cooling solution, there may be potential for some more overclocking too. Prices are yet to be confirmed.
- Bus interface: PCI Express® 2.0
- Memory Support: 512MB GDDR3
- Memory Interface: 256 bit
- Memory Clock: 2000MHz (1000 x 2)
- Core Clock: 685MHz
- RAMDACs: 400 MHz
- Full Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 Shader Model 4.1 support
- Dual Dual-link DVI outputs support 2560x1600 resolution displays
- Dynamic geometry acceleration
- Game physics processing capability
- ATI PowerPlay™ technology
- ATI CrossFireX™ Multi-GPU Technology
- ATI Avivo™ HD video and display technology
- HDCP capable
- HDMI function via dongle (Optional)
- Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™
From the press release:
Palit HD 4850 Sonic comes with Palit's innovative cooling system with two-ball bearing PWM fan, heat-pipes, and superior copper base to ensure high performance, consistent thermal effect but still generates less noise. This unique cooling design helps the graphics card to dissipate the heat efficiently, both for the components and the memories, the GPU temperature is up to 20c lower than the original fan and the cooling system is 10dB quieter even at full loading situation!
View the product page here
Discuss on our forum here.