Earlier this week, EVGA announced their intent to release a graphics card stability testing and benchmarking application based on the popular FurMark. Well it seems MSI had the same idea and have even beaten them to the punch.
MSI have released the first beta of their Kombustor application. Sporting a furry MSI logo, Kombustor is a standalone benchmarking and stability testing tool providing similar functionality to FurMark. It can also be linked with MSI's overclocking application, Afterburner (v1.5.0 and later), to allow users to simply press 'K' to launch a 3D test.
Features of MSI Kombustor
- Based on FurMark technology
- Latest OpenGL 3.2 rendering path
- Benchmark and stability test mode
- Link with Afterburner 1.5.0+
- GPU temperature monitoring
- Fullscreen or windowed for each type of run mode
- Window size selection (standard or custom)
- MSAA samples selection
- Benchmarking parameters: time based or frames based
- Xtreme Burning Mode for Xtreme tester
Care to try this new app out? Download it here.
For those who also want to try out MSI's overclocking application, grab Afterburner here.