Mac OS X 10.5.1 Released Page: 1
A New Sibilng Of Mac OS Leopard has been set Loose to graze in the Virtual Serengeti.
This is the Obligatory Bug-quashing Release/admission that the initial revision was just a mass beta.
This fixes some Bugs including a gargantuan Data Loss tribulation.
The Current State of repairs:
* Allows password-protected accounts on AirPort Disks to show up on in the Finder's Shared Sidebar.
* Resolves an issue with saved passwords for wireless networks.
Back to My Mac
* Improves the reliability of Back to My Mac-enabled Macs appearing in the Finder's Shared Sidebar.
* Improves compatibility with D-Link NAT gateways.
* Restores the functionality of the progress bar during permission repairs in Disk Utility.
* Addresses an issue that could produce an alert when creating disk images using Disk Utility or Terminal.
* Improves disk partitioning when multiple RAID sets are created on the same disk.
* iCal alarms are now more reliably delivered via email.
* Resolves an issue when inviting attendees via a CalDAV account.
* Improves stability when resizing columns in the message viewer or switching between Stationery templates in email messages.
* Addresses an issue in which attachments enclosed inside an HTML link may not be clickable in email messages.
* Fixes an issue with email accounts added using the "Simple Setup" feature in which messages cannot be sent due to an SMTP connection failure.
* Improves Smart Mailboxes compatibility with .Mac Sync, and addresses an issue with To Do's disappearing when using Smart Mailboxes.
* Resolves an issue with syncing Mail accounts with .Mac in which multiple On My Mac folders appear in the Mailbox pane.
* Addresses an issue in which Microsoft Windows shared folders may be read-only when connected via SMB.
* Resolves an issue in which user-selected values on Paper Feed PDE are reset to default while saving a custom preset.
* Addresses a code signing issue; third-party applications can now run when included in the Application Firewall or when whitelisted in Parental Controls.
* In Security preferences' Firewall tab, the "Block All" option is now called "Allow Only essential services"
* Includes recent Apple security updates.
System and Finder
* Addresses a potential data loss issue when moving files across partitions in the Finder.
* Resolves an issue with login after turning off FileVault for a specific user account.
* Improves compatibility with Adobe Flash-based uploaders used by .Mac Web Gallery and certain other websites and applications.
* Resolves a potential text drawing issue with certain Adobe Flash-based websites and applications.
* Addresses formatting issues with certain drives used with Time Machine (specifically, single-partition MBR drives greater than 512 GB in size as well as NTFS drives of any size and partition scheme).
* Resolves an issue in which files restored in Time Machine may be restored to the backup hierarchy rather than the folders to which they belong.