Gigabyte show off pictures of the GA-X58A-UD7 (formerly the GA-EX58-EXTREME 2)
Some of you may have seen my recent article about Gigabytes upcoming EX-58 Extreme 2 motherboard here
For those of you who haven’t, I’ll post the features I could see on the pre-release sample:
• Huge cooling system, near enough spanning across the entire board, with a waterblock over the X58 chip.
• 4 PCI-Express x16 graphics slots supporting Crossfire or SLI
• 4 internal SATA3 6.0Gb/s ports
• 2 USB 3.0 ports supported via NEC controller
• Triple power USB (1500mA to each port instead of 500mA on USB2, 2700mA to each USB 3 port compared to 900mA in the specification.)
It looks like Gigabyte have given the new board a name change to avoid confusion with their previous GA-EX58 Extreme, this board was originally going to be a revision of that board, however it features a drastically changed feature set so I see this as a wise move on Gigabytes part. Gigabyte have re-christened their board the GA-X58A-UD7 and it looks pretty much the same as the GA-EX58 Extreme 2 board in my previous article
Gigabyte has only released these two teaser pics so far. Pricing and release date are still TBA, although hopefully these boards should be on the shelves by Christmas.