Foxconn X58 Renaissance Page: 1 Foxconn X58 Renaissance Motherboard
Are you looking to be one of the 'early adopters' once Intel's Bloomfield processors hit our shores sometime on Q4, 2008? If you are then you're going to be requiring an X58 motherboard. As is to be expected, motherboard companies are gearing up in earnest for what promises to be something special.
Foxconn is one of those companies who appear to have hardware ready and subsequently, we have some details on their upcoming Foxconn X58 Renaissance motherboard:
• Intel X58 Express
• Intel ICH10R
• Intel Bloomfield LGA1366 processors
• 4 cores, 8 threads, 8 MB shared cache
• 6.4 GT/s
• Triple-Channel DDR3 (6 DIMMs)
• Supports up to 24 GB of DDR3-1333/1066/800 memory
• 4 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots
• 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x4 slot
• 1 x PCI slot
Built-In Connectivity Options
• 2 x SAS
• 6 x SATA 3 Gb/s
• 2 x eSATA
• 2 x IEEE1394a
• 14 x USB 2.0
• 1 x ATA-133
• Dual Gigabit LAN
• 7.1 channel HDA audio daughter card with Dolby Digital Live and DTS connect support
Like all X58 Express-based motherboards, the Foxconn X58 Renaissance will come with native support for the ATI CrossFire X multi-GPU technology. We do not know if the final Foxconn X58 Renaissance motherboard will include the newly-announced NVIDIA nForce 200 SLI processor. It is certainly a possibility. After all, the launch of the Bloomfield and X58 Express chipset is still a few months away.
The Renaissance moniker is quite fitting don't you think?