This is an all aluminium affair done on a budget so it will be nice to see how the S2 gets on.
I used the temperature recording facility in RivaTuner
and double-checked this in ATI's software and with a thermal probe.
Ambient temperature was around 21.7-22°C.
Idle Tests were performed after 30 minutes of the PC being turned on and recorded for 30mins at 30 second intervals.
Load Tests were performed after 30 minutes of the PC loading up using RTHDRIBL
full screen and recorded for 30mins at 30 second intervals.A note on airflow
The airflow that Arctic Cooling recommends to use is to have all case fans blowing out of the case to create negative pressure so that the S2 draws air into the case through the PCI backplate.
However after trying this my CPU temperature was unacceptable so I reverted to normal airflow.
* 1 x 120mm fan blowing air into the case through the TJ09's graphics card duct (standard Silverstone)
* 1 x 120mm fan blowing air over the HDD bays (Noctua
* 1 x 120mm fan blowing air out of the rear (standard Silverstone)
* 1 x 120mm fan blowing air out of the top blowhole (Noctua
* 1 x 120mm fan blowing air through the CPU Heatsink and out through the rear fan mentioned above (Scythe stock)
* 1 x 60mm FAN blowing air over the NorthBridge (SilenX)