Kingston launch Ultra-Portable USB microSD Reader
"Kingston launch new Ultra-Portable USB microSD Reader, plus card bundles"
Published: 25th June 2007 | Source: Kingston Technology |
Kingston launch new Ultra-Portable USB microSD Reader, plus card bundles
Kingston Technology, the world’s leading independent memory manufacturer, today announced the launch of two new USB microSD readers, plus card bundles, designed to allow consumers the flexibility of moving data easily between multiple mobile phones, PCs and digital devices, whilst on the move. The new USB readers are available with either 1GB or 2GB capacity microSD cards.
Jim Selby, Product Marketing Manager EMEA, Kingston Technology comments:
|“Kingston saw an opportunity to serve mobile customers with our new USB microSD card/reader bundle”. He continues, “Consumers now have a handy option of backing up contact info when changing phones; moving digital music and videos between PCs and phones more easily. They can also download new mobile applications for mobile phones, without using additional network time.”|
Designed with a USB connector and memory expansion slot that accepts the microSD card format; the mobile ‘device-ready’ reader bundle eliminates the need to carry additional USB cables and reduces the ‘wait times’ typically associated with Bluetooth® transfers between mobile phones and PCs.
The new USB microSD Reader + Card bundle features a red reader for the 2GB card combo and black for the 1GB version. When in use, the USB microSD Reader appears as a separate drive letter (for example E:) and data transfer is as easy as drag and drop. The USB microSD reader + Card is ultra-portable and with the key loop included, can be hung from a mobile phone as a convenient digital data moving solution.
|Kingston Technology microSD Reader + Card Specifications |
Part Number Product Description MSRP (plus VAT)
FCR-MRR+SDC/2GB USB microSD Reader (Red) + 2GB microSD Card £15.75
FCR-MRB+SDC/1GB USB microSD Reader (Black) + 1GB microSD Card £8.20
|USB microSD Reader Features and Specifications: |
· Dimensions: 1.29” x 0.60” x 0.30” (32.89mm x 15.3mm x 7.66mm)
· Speed Rating*: Up to 13MB/sec read, 3.5MB/sec write
· Compliant Standards: USB 2.0, SD 2.00 (reader); SD Association specification standard (card)
· Weight: 0.010 lbs. / 4.6g
· Operating Temperature: 32° to 140°F (0° to 60°C)
· Storage Temperature: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
· System Requirements: USB (1.1 and above); Windows VistaTM (ReadyBoostTM not supported)
· XP (SP1 and above), Windows 2000 (SP3 and above), Mac OS (10.x and above)
· Guarantee: Two-year warranty on USB microSD reader and a lifetime guarantee on microSD memory card.
* Speed may vary due to host and device configurations.
Additional product details here
Discuss in our forum