Firefox 3.6 Beta now available for download!
Mozilla have released their first public beta of version 3.6 of their popular Firefox browser. It is built on version 1.9.2 of their Gecko web rendering engine, containing many improvements for web developers, Add-on developers, and users.
This first revision of the Beta of Firefox 3.6 / Gecko 1.9.2 introduces several new features:
• Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
• Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
• Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
• Support for the WOFF font format.
• Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
You can download the latest Firefox beta from Mozilla here
, although they ask you to read this milestone announcement
, so that you know what you’re getting into before downloading.
Early beta builds do of course contain bugs, and may not be compatible with existing software or Firefox add-ons. Mozilla themselves state:
“At this time most Add-ons have not yet been upgraded by their authors to be compatible with Firefox 3.6 Beta. If you wish to help test your Add-ons, please also download and install the Add-on Compatibility Reporter – your favourite Add-on author will appreciate it!