FarCry 2 System Requirements Released
"System Requirements formally announced."
Published: 9th August 2008 | Source: UBISoft |
News from Ubisoft
Some news on the eagerly awaited sequel has been posted on the official message boards. They list the minimum and recommended system requirements as follows:
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, Pentium D 2.66 Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better
- RAM: 1 GB
- Video card: NVidia 6800 or ATI X1650 or better
- Shader Model 3 required
- 256 Mb of graphic memory
- Media reader: DVD-ROM
- Hard drive space: ~12 Gig of HD space. (TBD)
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD 64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom or better
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video card: NVidia 8600 GTS or better, ATI X1900 or better
- 512 Mb of graphic memory
- Sound: 5.1 sound card recommended
SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS:
NVidia 6800, NVidia 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 200 series. 8800M and 8700M supported for laptops.
ATI X1650 – 1950 series, HD2000 series, HD3000 series, HD4000 series.
FarCry 2 features a whole new storyline from the original game and a new game engine (Dunia). The plot centres around a mercenary group who are trying to oust an African warlord. It is said to be an open sandbox, with varoius ways to complete the game.
You can view the FarCry2 official forum thread here.
Discuss in our forum here.