Battlefield 2142 Patch Version 1.50
"Details revealed about the upcoming BattleField 2142 patch"
Published: 3rd May 2008 | Source: EA Games |
* Wake Island 2142 has some sort of conquest mode "twist."
* New “No Vehicles” option for a variety of 2142 maps.
* New map - Operation Shingle (aka Anzio) by Jason Brice.
* Finally Widescreen 16:9 and 16:10 support (No word if they will offer native 1280x1024 support yet).
* More movement in pods – This will be mainly targeted on transport ship escape pods to give that ability back, while still limiting pod surfing use elsewhere.
* Additional bug fixes to address reported a variety of reported issues.
* Public beta should start at the end of April.
* Final release targeted for the end of May.
This will be a very long awaited update to one of the best PC multiplayer games. Widescreen support will be highly looked apone as you would have to force it in the older versions. Discuss the details of this patch on our Forums.