AMD Fusion For Gaming Out Of Beta
"AMD has released an official build of their system gaming optimization utility"
Published: 22nd January 2009 | Source: Expreview |
For the past four months, AMD has been beta testing a new optimization utility, dubbed Fusion for Gaming. Well now AMD has felt they have done enough testing and have released an official version 1.0 build.
Designed to give optimal gaming performance, this utility acts by temporarily shutting down unnecessary system processes and increasing processor performance during gaming sessions. The idea here is to allow you to enjoy all of the features of Windows Vista without having them impede system performance when you're busy fragging enemies.
* This utility is being released as a version 1.0 and, as such, may have additional bugs or errors that are not outlined in this Errata guide which result in system instability, data corruption or incorrect operation of the software or computer system in which it is implemented.
* We are looking into these issues, and new releases will be available on this site
* AMD Fusion for Gaming will run on any PC with an AMD processor, but offers additional tuning for such systems with AMD chipsets and graphics
* The system may hang when running profiles utilizing AMD OverDrive cpu tuning on Windows Vista 64-bit and XP 64-bit operating systems, requiring a reboot
* The system may hang when engaging a profile from the simple mode (button) interface, if the mouse click is held and the mouse is moved off of the application, on Windows XP systems, requiring a reboot
* The system may hang when a profile is disengaging if the user is moving and/or clicking the mouse, requiring a reboot
* It may not be possible to create custom profile with ATI Catalyst Auto-Tune GPU tuning enabled on Windows XP 64-bit systems
* In Windows XP 64-bit and Vista 64-bit operating systems, there may be a long delay waiting for a profile to engage
* When AMD Fusion for Gaming is disengaged, the system may not be fully restored to its previous state, requiring a reboot
* Valve’s Steam online gaming platform will be shut down when engaging a profile
* Some applications that are shut down will not automatically start back up when AMD Fusion for Gaming disengages
* Some applications may not shut down as intended when AMD Fusion for Gaming engages
* AMD OverDrive upgrades may not install properly with AMD Fusion for Gaming installed on the system
* Some special characters in custom profile names do not save correctly
* A message that states that ATI Auto-Tune has not yet been performed may not display when running profiles utilizing GPU tuning
* When editing or creating a profile, the Enter key will cancel the operation without a warning message
* Profiles with leading or trailing white space characters may cause multiple profiles to appear to have the same name
* On the status screen, the font appears to change from top to bottom
* Profile names can not be changed
* The application window will not remain on a secondary display when switching between the simple and advanced views
* A new profile will overwrite an existing profile with the same name, without a warning message
This official build can be downloaded here.
Care to take this optimization software for a spin?
Discuss in our Forums