ElcomSoft releases GPGPU based WiFi cracker
"New software to crack WiFi security, with claims to be the fastest on the market, is released."
Published: 15th January 2009 | Source: ElcomSoft |
Fastest WiFi cracker on the market
In a move that will be welcomed by some and dreaded by others, ElcomSoft, a Russian company which specialises in security products, has announced that they have developed a tool to 'recover' wireless network encryption keys using the power of the graphics processing unit.
The software earns legitimacy by selling itself as a Wireless Security Auditor, and is intended to be a useful tool for network administrators in assessing the security of their networks. The software is able to:
- Determine how secure your wireless network is
- Test the strength of WPA/WPA2-PSK passwords protecting your wireless network
- Save time with patent-pending GPU acceleration technology when one or more compatible NVIDIA or ATI video cards are present
- Run advanced dictionary attacks with highly configurable variations
- Perform attacks from inside or outside of your network
You can read more about the new software at the ElcomSoft website. You can discuss this article in our forums here.