Beijing 2008 Goes Hi-Tech
"Massive online exposure for the 2008 Olympics."
Published: 9th August 2008 | Source: Live Search |
Summer Olympics Gain Massive Online Exposure
With unprecedented online exposure, the 2008 Olypics have kicked off in style.
Microsoft's Live Search has added many new features to keep you up to speed with all the latest news from Beijing:
- Live Search News now includes a direct link to Beijing 2008 Olympics news.
- The new xRank Live Search page features an Olympics category where you can track the popularity and news coverage of individual athletes.
- Select Video from the Live Search home page and enter Olympics (or follow this link) to search for Olympics-related videos.
- Enter an Olympic athlete's name in Live Search, and Live Search will display Olympics-related information first, a feature Microsoft calls Athlete Instant Answer.
- Microsoft has also tweaked how searches for Olympics-related keywords work. Search for events such as "swimming" or "USA basketball" and you'll see the latest medal count for the event or the country once the events begin, a feature know as Medal Instant Answer.
- And, to round off the Olympic-friendly repackaging of Live Search for Beijing 2008, Microsoft plans to display various Olympics-related images as backgrounds on the Live Search home page http://www.live.com/.