Apple Invites Developers to Submit Apps for iPad Launch
"The launch of the iPad is just around the corner and Apple is preparing for it in a big way; the Mac-maker has invited its registered developers to submit applications for the iPad."
Published: 22nd March 2010 | Source: Softpedia News |
The launch of the iPad is just around the corner and Apple is preparing for it in a big way; the Mac-maker has invited its registered developers to submit applications for the iPad. The invitations have been sent out via email and inform the developers that Apple’s review board has started accepting software developed with iPhone SDK 3.2 Beta 5.
The official email sent by the company to developers reads, “iPad will begin shipping soon and your opportunity to be part of the grand opening of the iPad App Store starts today. Submit your iPad app now for an initial review by the App Review Team and receive feedback on its readiness for the grand opening.”
Though the official launch date for the “grand opening” in the US is 3 April, Apple has asked developers to make sure their apps are ready and submitted by 27 March, 5pm PDT if they want a place in the opening. By doing so, Apple hopes to have enough applications ready by the launch date. Here’s what the company has listed as the key requirements for developers:
• Build and test your iPad app using iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 available on the iPhone Dev Center. Only iPad apps built with iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 will be accepted for this initial review.
• Upload your distribution signed app through iTunes Connect by Saturday, March 27, 5pm PDT.
• The App Review Team will review your app on iPad and email you details about the readiness of your app.
• You will also receive additional information about submitting your app for final review before iPad ships.
• Only apps submitted for the initial review will be considered for the grand opening of the iPad App Store.
3 April is only going to see the launch of the Wi-Fi only model of the iPad, while the 3G-capable version will hit the market in the latter part of the month.
Discuss in our forums