Razer Dual Release At WCG 2007 Finals
"Razer unveiled two new products at the World Cyber Games (WCG) 2007 Grand Finals."
Published: 5th October 2007 | Source: Razer |
Yesterday, Razer unveiled two new products at the World Cyber Games (WCG) 2007 Grand Finals: the Lycosa and Piranha.
The Lycosa is gaming keyboard designed to provide the gamer with speedy, full control at their fingertips. Each key is fully programmable and the keyboard is able to save up to 10 different gaming profiles. One of the more interesting features is a gaming mode which disables the Windows Start button, ensuring the gamer will never accidentally minimize in the middle of a heated battle.
The Lycosa will utilize Razer's 1000Hz Ultrapolling™/1ms response time and Hyperesponse™ technologies and features non-stick rubber backlit keys, providing quick action and superior response. The TouchPanel™ media keys provide the gamer with constant control over the functions of their chosen media player.
- Keytop with non-slip rubber finish
- Backlight illumination with WASD cluster lighting option
- Fully-programmable keys with macro capability
- Gaming cluster with anti-ghosting capability
- Slim keycap structure with Hyperesponse™ technology
- TouchPanel™ easy access media keys
- Gaming mode option for deactivation of the Windows key
- 10 customizable software profiles with on-the-fly switching
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ / 1ms response time
- Earphone-out and microphone-in jacks
- Detachable wrist rest
- One integrated USB extension port
- Approximate size:
469mm (length) x 168mm (width) x 15mm (height) – without wrist rest
469mm (length) x 221mm (width) x 15mm (height) – with wrist rest
The Lycosa will be available in November of this year with a MSRP of $79.99 in the US and €79.99 in Europe.
Lycosa Product Page
The Piranha, Razer's newest communications headset, is designed to provide clear stero sound and powerful bass, giving the gamer a superior audio gaming experience. The sleek ergonomic design ensures hours of comfort and functionality, with a glowing Razer logos to add a touch of style.
Being a communications device, the Piranha sports a noise-canceling microphone, enabling the issuing of commands free of background noise.
The Piranha also features an inline volume control with a microphone mute button, providing the gamer with control over what they hear and what is heard.
- Adjustable, noise-filtering microphone for clearer in-game communication
- Comfortable, ergonomic and adjustable earphones suitable for prolonged use
- In-line remote control with convenient volume and microphone muting adjustments
- Single-sided cable for hassle-free usage
- Durable braided fiber cable protection
- Compatible with VoIP communication applications like TeamSpeak, Ventrilo and Skype
- Compatible with most major operating systems
- Usable with CD, DVD and digital audio players (via 3.5mm minijack)
Freq. response: 18 – 22,000 Hz
Impedance: 32 Ohms
SPL (@ 1 kHz, 1 Vrms): 114 dB
Cable: 3.0 meters
Freq. response: 80 – 15,000 Hz
Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1V/Pa): -38 dB
Impedance: Approximately 2 kOhms
Pick-up pattern: Uni-directional
The Piranha will be available sometime this month with a MSRP of $79.99 in the US and €79.99 in Europe.
Piranha Product Page
Discuss in our Forums