Zotac Nitro to be given second chance
"New software revision enables wider GPU useage."
Published: 25th February 2009 | Source: Zotac |
Now unlocked to any Geforce 8 & higher GPU
Back in August, 08, Zotac released a new hardware overclocking controller, named the Nitro. With a retail price of £90, and the fact that the Nitro could only control Zotac branded graphics cards, it would be fair to say that it didn't make a huge impression on the market. Well, Zotac have today announced in press release a revised version of the software used to control the Nitro unit, which will allow users to overclock any Nvidia GeForce 8 series or higher GPU, regardless of brand. The software in question is called Firestorm and the new revision is labelled 1.015. Carsten Berger, marketing director, ZOTAC International had the following to say:
Features of the Zotac Nitro:
- ZOTAC NITRO unlocked to support all NVIDIA GeForce 8 and newer graphics cards
- New FireStorm 1.015 software breathes new life into the NITRO
- Expert mode with manual overclocking increment adjustments (1, 5 and 10 MHz)
- Unlimited performance profiles with naming supported
- temperature monitoring and manual fan-speed control.