Nvidia releases new Geforce Driver
"Latest version gets released, with performance improvement promises."
Published: 25th September 2008 | Source: Nvidia |
Performance Increases promised
Nvidia have today released their new Geforce driver package, version 178.13, which will support the GeForce 6,7, 8, 9 and 200-series GPU's. The latest driver is available for Windows XP and Vista both 32 and 64 bit versions. Release highlights include:
- WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6-series, 7-series, 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs, including the newly released GeForce 9800 GTX+, 9800 GT, 9500 GT, and 9400 GT GPUs.
- Adds support for NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory (this driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.09.04).
- Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in several full games and demos today by downloading the GeForce Power Pack.
- Adds support for 2-way NVIDIA SLI technology with GeForce GTX 200-series GPUs on Intel D5400XS motherboards.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
- Supports CUDA.
- Supports Folding@home distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
- Includes several 3D application performance improvements. The following are examples of improvements measured with v178.13 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver: - Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
- Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin's Creed DX10
- Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10
- Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4
- Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- 2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10
- 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10
- 2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10
- Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.