AMD Brings ATI Overdrive Auto-tune to Catalyst v9.4
"AMD launched Catalyst v9.3 just over three weeks back and now has followed it up with the release of Catalyst v9.4."
Published: 10th April 2009 | Source: AMD |
AMD launched Catalyst v9.3 just over three weeks back and now has followed it up with the release of Catalyst v9.4. The new version brings the auto tuning feature to ATI Overdrive, which allows the ATI Catalyst Control Center to calculate the best overclocked GUP and memory values for the Radeon HD 4000-series graphics cards.
Catalyst v9.4 has features similar to v9.3, but comes with a few issues resolved. One of the biggest improvements in this version is the flickering fix for the highly popular game World of Warcraft. The new version is presently available for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, with the Linux version, which will support RHEL 5.3 and Ubuntu 9.04 expected to be released on 17th April.
According to the official release from AMD, Catalyst v9.4 fixes the following issues:
- “World of Warcraft” or “World of Warcraft – Wrath of the Lich King” Flickering no longer occurs when Shadow is set to medium/high using ATI CrossFire configurations
- Google Sketchup no longer displays blank screen
- Resolutions above 1024 x 768 will now full screen properly for specific HDMI displays
- Artifacts no longer visible while playing Age of Conan DX10
- VC-1 progressive disc playback no longer exhibits block corruption
- The Compute Abstraction Layer (CAL) driver now functions properly under Windows XP
Discuss in our Forums