Creative Unveils Fatal1ty Titanium
"Creative Unveil the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Series"
Published: 19th May 2008 | Source: Creative |
“Audio plays a huge factor in professional gaming, where every competitive advantage can make the difference between winning and losing. The Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty edition sound cards significantly enhance any professional gaming rig, enabling us to hear what we can't see and perform at our highest level,” said Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel, world champion gaming legend and exclusive on-air analyst for the CGS.
“I demand extreme performance from my PC, and I won't settle for less than Sound Blaster X-Fi. It gives me the huge advantage of hearing my opponent before they can see me, and finishing them off before they can do anything about it,” said Yazan “Clown” Ammari, Counter-Strike Source member of the San Francisco Optx CGS team.
“We've developed the PCI Express models of our Sound Blaster X-Fi gaming sound cards to meet the specific requests that we've received from end users,” said Steve Erickson, VP and GM of audio and VLSI for Creative. “We have re-architected our X-Fi processor so we can deliver even more performance and provide the best audio available on the PC today. You'll know why it's worth the upgrade to PCI Express the second you hear it. We've also added Dolby Digital encoding, for connection to a home theater system for an awesome gaming experience. We created an entirely new I/O drive with an innovative design that can fit either a 3 ½” or 5 ¼” drive bay. Plus, the Sound Blaster Titanium series cards are optimized for Windows Vista with UAA-compliant hardware.”
“With its superb audio fidelity, EAX 5.0 support, and 128 hardware-accelerated voices, the Sound Blaster X-Fi is simply the best way to experience the rich soundscape of Guild Wars. Gamers who really care about how their PCs sound should give it a serious listen,” said James Boer, ArenaNet audio programmer and Game Audio Programming author.
The new PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series sound card includes all of the features of the PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series, plus an internal I/O drive for quick front panel connection to headphones and headsets. This versatile internal I/O drive design offers the choice of placement in either a 3 ½” or 5 ¼” drive bay. The 3 ½” drive features mic-in and headphone-out connections. This drive slides inside the 5 ¼” drive, which adds RCA line-in connections.
The world's first native PCI Express hardware accelerated sound cards, the PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series and PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Championship Series sound cards also feature:
* Creative X-Fi processor specifically designed for high-speed PCI Express slots in modern PCs
* X-Fi Crystalizer technology, which leverages audio algorithms to intelligently and selectively determine how to restore the highs and lows from sound effects, instruments and vocals and voices that were damaged or diminished during the MP3, AAC, game audio or other compression processes
* X-Fi CMSS-3D technology, to create virtual surround sound through speakers or headphones in games or music. In games, you hear your opponents in their exact location. With music, the sound expands so it completely surrounds you
* Dolby Digital support for compelling 5.1 surround sound through a home theater system
* Creative ALchemy to restore EAX and surround sound in DirectSound game titles running under Vista
* Certified UAA compliance for maximum Windows Vista compatibility
* X-RAM dedicated audio memory to boost performance in select games
* THX Certified surround sound for cinematic movie audio playback
* PowerDVD software with DTS-ES and Dolby Digital-EX decoding
* 24-bit audio quality and 109db SNR audio clarity
* ASIO recording support with latency as low as one millisecond with minimal CPU load