Wraithguards Thank you

Thank you!

Wraithguards Thank you  

Wraithguards Thank you

Earlier this year OC3D ran a contest, to win none other than the custom OC3D styled 760T. At the end of this contest, in addition to the 4 winners, TTL selected two very special forum members to win something special.

These two forum members are barnsley and Wraithguard, the second of which has received his package this morning. Tom asked both these Guys to make a video of them unboxing their gift, Tom has even surprised me with this one.

Lets have at Wraithguards video.

 

 

I'll let you guys watch the video to see exactly what was in the package, but to say the least Wraithguard has been really touched by the generosity of TTL because this is from his own hardware stash.

Wraithguard had this to say on the forums;

 

 "Well ... this is a huge, mahooosive thank you, please enjoy my video, bare in mind this is the first time in front of a camera for me, so nerves and emotions are running quite high.

A huge thank you from the bottom of my heart to the one and only Tinytomlogan, Corsair and everyone who makes up the OC3D forums, you are all just the greatest. I'm still a little lost for words and still shaking.

Forever appreciative Wraithguard, stay tuned, new build log on the cards now."

 

I advise you guys to all go to the OC3D Forum Thread on this one, because a smiling Wraithguard will be keeping us up to date as he upgrades his system with his new hardware.

 

«Prev 1 Next»

Most Recent Comments

01-08-2014, 12:03:28

Wraith
Well as the title suggests this is a huge, mahooosive thank you, please enjoy my video, bare in mind this is the first time in front of a camera for me, so nerves and emotions are running quite high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5LB...ature=youtu.be

A huge thank you from the bottom of my heart to the one and only Tinytomlogan, Corsair and everyone who makes up the OC3D forums, you are all just the greatest. I'm still a little lost for words and still shaking.

Gifted hardware list:
Corsair Carbide Series Obsidian 450D
Corsair CS650M PSU
Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB (2133)
Corsair Force LX 256GB SSD
Corsair H100i AIO
Asus GTX 750Ti OC 2GB
Asus H97 - Pro Gamer
Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition
Noctua NT-H1 (tim)

Forever appreciative Wraithguard, new build log is up now.

A little update to the Smile-o-rama-fest!
http://i.imgur.com/rIiWFGr.jpgQuote

01-08-2014, 12:10:16

SeekaX
Okay. I didn't even know you and barnsley won something. Well, barnsley, i guess it's time for you to make a vid.
Congrats mate.Quote

01-08-2014, 12:11:41

RadeonHDx
Congrats Wraithguard! You really deserve this man! Nearly ed myself when the first thing you pulled out was the SP120L hahahaha, you seemed almost more happy about that then the rest of the stuff!

This video was heartwarming and I can tell how appreciative you were of this. Have fun with your new build .

On a side note, TTL! You reduced a grown man to tears! Quote

01-08-2014, 12:11:59

MadShadow
Thats pretty awesome And yeah, congrats on all this cool stuff !Quote

01-08-2014, 12:13:02

barnsley
Oh the post office has my stuff, I'm sure they'll do an unboxing. Although I can't promise they'll be any less shoddy than their delivery ¬¬.
I'll do one when the stuff arrives, MAJOR HYPE. IDK about camera tho.

You look so Happy Wraithguard, you do look shocked .Quote

01-08-2014, 12:22:11

Damien c
Congrats Wraith!!!!


Tom legend really nice of you!Quote

01-08-2014, 12:23:02

WYP
Congrats WraithGuard! It's great to see such a top guy getting such an epic prize!

Hope you enjoy them mate, I know you'll put them to good use.Quote

01-08-2014, 12:25:08

Remmy
Congrats mate

Haha! I'm not TTL, I'm Wraithguard! Should've done a ding with that thumbs up :PQuote

01-08-2014, 12:25:29

MadShadow
Also, my mouth dropped when I saw those dom plats. I didnt see that one coming Quote

01-08-2014, 12:31:47

Feronix
Awesome matey, I'm happy for ya!

Do expect a build log now though Quote

01-08-2014, 12:42:09

Dicehunter
Brilliant, Really happy for you Quote

01-08-2014, 13:00:21

WYP
Just put this on the OC3D Facebook!

I look forward to seeing your build log! It's going to look great!Quote

01-08-2014, 13:02:15

Thelosouvlakia
Omg this is so awesome gift.
I would have a nerdgasm on camera xD I was expecting wraithguard to do too!
OwO Tom is a nice guy ^.^Quote

01-08-2014, 13:03:20

RamboOC
Congrats! Judging by the look on your face, you were astonished at what ttl gave you.
Looking foward to build log. The video was great Quote

01-08-2014, 13:08:33

Acike
Tom you're tha boss!
Congrats on that sweet equipment!Quote

01-08-2014, 13:15:30

Greenback
Tom knows how to make someone speechless
Congrats WraithguardQuote

01-08-2014, 13:46:32

Spiderz
Congrats dude, who says Christmas isn't in the summer?Quote

01-08-2014, 13:50:10

ShaunB-91
Congrats Wraithguard! Was this for a competition? Well deserved, can tell you're made up which is nice. Great too see a regular get something nice.

Also good too see who is behind the name, I know there is a thread somewhere but haven't looked. Thanks for the video!Quote

01-08-2014, 13:57:02

GadgetGarrett
Dude! That vid has just put a big ol smile on my face.

You look and sound thoroughly chuffed with your haul. I'm sure that'll also warm TTL's cockles.

Now for that build log

Enjoy!Quote

01-08-2014, 14:02:45

Permafrost
wow that's awesome! TTL has out done himself with this!

what ever you do Tom don't post this on facebook or you'll get all the beggars coming out the woodwork Quote

01-08-2014, 14:05:09

MadShadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Permafrost View Post
wow that's awesome! TTL has out done himself with this!

what ever you do Tom don't post this on facebook or you'll get all the beggars coming out the woodwork
Haha, he already has Quote

01-08-2014, 14:06:40

Permafrost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
Haha, he already has
oh no....

brace yourself, newbies are comeQuote

01-08-2014, 14:09:08

Tripp
congrats dude, couldn't of gone to a nicer guy Quote

01-08-2014, 14:13:24

ShaunB-91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Permafrost View Post
oh no....

brace yourself, newbies are come
Hahaha. "Hey TTL, whens the next comp?" Quote

01-08-2014, 14:14:01

Permafrost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB-91 View Post
Hahaha. "Hey TTL, whens the next comp?"
oh no it's started! Quote

01-08-2014, 14:15:30

theDTP
I can imagine how happy he is, this video had me smiling like a crazy person all the way through it!Quote

01-08-2014, 14:16:12

RadeonHDx
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDTP View Post
I can imagine how happy he is, this video had me smiling like a crazy person all the way through it!
Yea, same. Felt so happy for him Quote

01-08-2014, 14:35:37

AdmiralDonut
Congratulations man, and a big thumbs up to TTL and the sponsors.Quote

01-08-2014, 14:46:08

piotrekhc
Amazing stuff keep it up Tom and the Team !Quote

01-08-2014, 15:02:07

RizeAllard
My mouth stayed open since i watch that video!

Congrats to Wraithguard and barnsey for being the backbone of the OC3D forum.

Its good to see theres good mans outhere like Tom these days.
Quote

01-08-2014, 15:19:46

Xrqute
Seriously TTL, OC3D, CORSAIR AND ASUS you all owe yourselves a pat on the back.

Seeing the generosity of all involved is amazing.

But even more amazing is seeing how genuinely blow away Wraithguard is! you could actually see him shaking whilst holding up the SSD.

This sort of stuff, being apart of this forum, with its amazing members makes me truly grateful that i chose OC3D as my home for all things Pc based!

TTL much respect for you my man, Wrath congrats and enjoy I'm glad to see this going to someone so deserving.Quote

01-08-2014, 15:21:06

Wraith
Still a little (lots) overwhelmed, but it's finally sinking in, I think I'm going down the same route as Barnsley with a Pentium Anniversary build with this lot, but for now I'm just really really happy to get my FX-4100 up and running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
Congrats mate

Haha! I'm not TTL, I'm Wraithguard! Should've done a ding with that thumbs up :P
I can't take that away from TTL, that's his trademark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
Just put this on the OC3D Facebook!

I look forward to seeing your build log! It's going to look great!
Just seen it on the old Failbook made me cringe a little, It'll be a couple of months from now, so Intel Anniversary build me thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permafrost View Post
oh no....

brace yourself, newbies are come
Let them come the more the merrier.Quote

01-08-2014, 15:52:22

SuB
very genuine video

pleased for you mate.Quote

01-08-2014, 17:20:58

yassarikhan786
Huge congrats mate. Your video really put a smile on my face .

It was great to see how excited you were as you were pulling out the goodies from the case.Quote

01-08-2014, 17:22:38

QuietOne
Well deserved, and I'm sure TTL will be pleased with your video. I honestly think that not many people would do what you did.Quote

01-08-2014, 17:49:37

chrismjurd
Awesome sauce, its like the magic cupboard was squeezed into that 450d, nice one.
for Tee Eye. :PQuote

01-08-2014, 19:08:52

CreatiXx
Congratz with the case dude! Have some great fun with it Quote

01-08-2014, 19:39:36

SPS
Nice video dude Quote

01-08-2014, 22:35:43

kbalaz
great video. Awesome of you to put this up. this forum is amazing.Quote

02-08-2014, 02:04:12

Highlander89
Haha, this is amazing. Really heart-warming stuff. The gravy train arrived, packed full of goodies . I like your dog.

I'd choose this vid over cute kittens any day

Congratz on all that hardware mate!Quote

02-08-2014, 03:41:39

mArTyN
Just watched you're video, congratulations. Quote

02-08-2014, 04:31:03

Excalabur50
Absoufrigginlutly AWESOME Wraithguard your vid put a big smile on my dial and I felt so happy for you, looks like your little dog enjoyed watching you unpack all of the goodness that the big hearted Guv TTL sent you.
And after reading all of these wonderful comments makes me proud to be a member of this wonderful forum.
Enjoy your goodies dude!Quote

02-08-2014, 06:05:33

tinytomlogan
Now THAT was a video from the heart, Ive got tears in my eyes.

Im happy I could have helped you out fella, youre an awesome forum member and thats why I chose you for a little gift. Everything you got send was ex-review stuff I have here (I have to keep an insane amount of stuff to hand) just so that the other members know this wasnt compo prizes specifically from the vendors although I will be sending them this link! It was actually from my own personal stash of hardware I (have to) keep. Rather than it collecting dust I thought it would be nice for you to put this to good use and me get that warm fuzzy feeling when I see it on the forums

Totally worthy of all of this stuff though dude, the video just proved it. Ive sent you the fittings for your current socket but if things change shout and Ill either send you intel bits or Im sure Greybeard will be able to liberate some via RMA for you Quote

02-08-2014, 06:15:24

ShaunB-91
Thats amazing Tom, I didn't know it wasn't a comp. True good fella, won't be many others out there that would do it. Enjoy your new rig Wraithguard. Quote

02-08-2014, 06:16:36

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB-91 View Post
Thats amazing Tom, I didn't know it wasn't a comp. True good fella, won't be many others out there that would do it. Enjoy your new rig Wraithguard.
No mate not a comp, I was a little busy yesterday so I couldnt post but this was all my own hardware. Wraith did say in the video its parts liberated from the TTL Loft of Dreams..........Quote

02-08-2014, 06:17:22

flynnbo3
Just awesome great stuff from tom.well deserved enjoy and awesome vidQuote

02-08-2014, 06:17:34

Forsakenrichy
Nice video congratulationsQuote

02-08-2014, 06:20:50

ShaunB-91
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
No mate not a comp, I was a little busy yesterday so I couldnt post but this was all my own hardware. Wraith did say in the video its parts liberated from the TTL Loft of Dreams..........

Ohh I must have missed that bit! Awesome awesome stuff! Quote

02-08-2014, 06:24:44

tinytomlogan
I sat up there for ages trying to decide what to send!!!!Quote

02-08-2014, 06:24:57

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Now THAT was a video from the heart, Ive got tears in my eyes.

Im happy I could have helped you out fella, youre an awesome forum member and thats why I chose you for a little gift. Everything you got send was ex-review stuff I have here (I have to keep an insane amount of stuff to hand) just so that the other members know this wasnt compo prizes specifically from the vendors although I will be sending them this link! It was actually from my own personal stash of hardware I (have to) keep. Rather than it collecting dust I thought it would be nice for you to put this to good use and me get that warm fuzzy feeling when I see it on the forums

Totally worthy of all of this stuff though dude, the video just proved it. Ive sent you the fittings for your current socket but if things change shout and Ill either send you intel bits or Im sure Greybeard will be able to liberate some via RMA for you
Thanks again Tom, a million times over.
I do already have the Intel fittings as I have the H80 on the 4100 at the moment, I'll get the rig built tomorrow when I get back from the Mrs place. I will be going down the Intel Anniversary route soon Quote

02-08-2014, 06:28:49

Zooport
congratulationsQuote

02-08-2014, 06:47:51

WillSK
Congrats dude. Always nice to put a face to a name too. Wish you the best with this PC, Some v nice kit thereQuote

02-08-2014, 06:49:30

Kong
Congrats, like others have said please post a build log.Quote

02-08-2014, 06:51:53

shadow
Great stuff, hats off to everyone involved. Quote

02-08-2014, 06:57:44

Rastalovich
Wow, speechless tbh.

Excellent, gracious video Wraithguard - I'm edging my bets that, like me, you'd have seen the case box and thought 'a case, nice one'.

Top marks Tom.

(I would have double checked the plastic packaging things before chucking them after all those sneaky extras )Quote

02-08-2014, 07:14:07

crowarth
Haha that's awesome Can really see that you're stunned/shocked/etc! Awesome way to say thanks Quote

02-08-2014, 07:34:10

Pogal_31
Congrats Wraithguard, it's ok now, stop shaking
Awesome stuff you got here, hope you'll make a buildlog. Really happy for you, and thanks Tom for stunning people with your giveaways !Quote

02-08-2014, 07:49:53

WYP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
Still a little (lots) overwhelmed, but it's finally sinking in, I think I'm going down the same route as Barnsley with a Pentium Anniversary build with this lot, but for now I'm just really really happy to get my FX-4100 up and running.


I can't take that away from TTL, that's his trademark.


Just seen it on the old Failbook made me cringe a little, It'll be a couple of months from now, so Intel Anniversary build me thinks.


Let them come the more the merrier.
I look forward even to seeing this with your Fx-4100. I don't care what hardware are in build here. Just so long as the builder is enthusiastic (and tidy).

With recent AMD announcements a Steamroller Athlon based build might even be better than the Pentium K/anniversary. I guess we will see.Quote

02-08-2014, 07:59:31

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
I look forward even to seeing this with your Fx-4100. I don't care what hardware are in build here. Just so long as the builder is enthusiastic (and tidy).

With recent AMD announcements a Steamroller Athlon based build might even be better than the Pentium K/anniversary. I guess we will see.
It'll be tidier than Carol Vordermans arse (mmmm).Quote

02-08-2014, 08:32:33

hellboy99
Congrats Quote

02-08-2014, 08:57:28

ldc2710
congrats on the win,nice to see prize's go to people who appreciate the winnings Quote

02-08-2014, 09:09:17

Contendo
Video is a bit to short, I really wanted to see a grown man cry
Was 100% sure we would see a tear or two after the Dominators moment but you managed to stay though.
Looking forward to see the build log, Tom already proved it can all fit inside the 450, even while in a box, you just have to make it tidy. Congrats and have fun with your new toys.Quote

02-08-2014, 09:22:48

Lonestar166
You just made my day TTL, kudos to you.Quote

02-08-2014, 09:37:13

Xrqute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithguard View Post
it'll be tidier than carol vordermans arse (mmmm).
we demand cable lacing!!!Quote

02-08-2014, 09:38:41

MeatWeed
Congratz m8, thats awsome Quote

02-08-2014, 11:18:13

dalewakelin
Well done dude it is surreal winning something, props for making a video too Quote

02-08-2014, 12:42:23

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrqute View Post
we demand cable lacing!!!
I'm not sure cable lacing will be in this rig as the cables are the flat black corsair ones so cable management will be a breeze, I did however lace my old extensions, you can check it out in the links in my signature.Quote

02-08-2014, 13:57:42

Lystfiskern
Congrats dude Quote

02-08-2014, 14:56:35

revenge187
Gratz to you both and your first video was great.Quote

02-08-2014, 15:04:33

ShaunB-91
Just watched this again. Dogs thinking dude who you talking to, I wanna sleep. Quote

02-08-2014, 19:46:37

Excalabur50
I watched it a second time myself just before I went to bed last nightQuote

02-08-2014, 20:12:01

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB-91 View Post
Just watched this again. Dogs thinking dude who you talking to, I wanna sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
I watched it a second time myself just before I went to bed last night
Multiple viewings very strange thing for me. I wish I had more time to do more videos (we'll see), it was quite fun, and all the replies from people who enjoyed it is just awesome (even on failbook).Quote

02-08-2014, 20:26:34

Excalabur50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
Multiple viewings very strange thing for me. I wish I had more time to do more videos (we'll see), it was quite fun, and all the replies from people who enjoyed it is just awesome (even on failbook).
You should do more videos and who knows your confidence may go up enough and people like you enough that Tom may use you to make some review videos for him like J used to.Quote

03-08-2014, 12:12:03

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
You should do more videos and who knows your confidence may go up enough and people like you enough that Tom may use you to make some review videos for him like J used to.
That cant and wont happen unless he lives near me.... I cant afford to be posting stuff all over the country Quote

03-08-2014, 13:02:41

paulstung
Well done matey, what a reaction, and what a kind gesture from TOM, over at TTL Towers. And not a bad first time YouTuber.

Tom should make that a pre requisite for any future comp winners, a reaction video.Quote

03-08-2014, 13:03:47

MadShadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstung View Post
Tom should make that a pre requisite for any future comp winners, a reaction video.
That would be cool, but reactions wouldnt be genuine. If people are made to do such a thing, they wouldnt react in the way Wraith did Quote

03-08-2014, 13:31:54

yassarikhan786
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstung View Post
Well done matey, what a reaction, and what a kind gesture from TOM, over at TTL Towers. And not a bad first time YouTuber.

Tom should make that a pre requisite for any future comp winners, a reaction video.
If Tom did that, people would be more reluctant to enter and it still wouldn't guarantee that they'd make a reaction video after winning.Quote

04-08-2014, 13:58:51

Gtsbaby
Whoever won the custom 760 case failed for not doing a similar video!

/cries in a corner for failing
/Let out a little smirk as the 760 is in the corner with me

Great video though mate, great gesture also. I think I am going to like it here!Quote

04-08-2014, 14:06:39

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtsbaby View Post
Whoever won the custom 760 case failed for not doing a similar video!

/cries in a corner for failing
/Let out a little smirk as the 760 is in the corner with me

Great video though mate, great gesture also. I think I am going to like it here!
Thanks dude, when TTL suggested I do a video I though "ut oh" but then I figured Carpe Diem baby! Glad you enjoyed it, enjoy your holiday fella and we'll look forward to seeing you more often on the forums.Quote

04-08-2014, 14:08:41

Feronix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtsbaby View Post
Whoever won the custom 760 case failed for not doing a similar video!

/cries in a corner for failing
/Let out a little smirk as the 760 is in the corner with me

Great video though mate, great gesture also. I think I am going to like it here!
But it's not too late for a build log, is it? Quote

04-08-2014, 15:41:40

tinytomlogan
GTS got his stuff at the same time as Wraith - Corsair paid for the shipping to both.

So please dont go giving people grief when you dont know all of the facts.Quote

06-08-2014, 14:11:58

chudley
Gratz Wraith, a proper from the heart vid. I don't go on any other forums so can't say how accurate this statement is - but I bet no other forum would look after it's readers this way.

Well done Tom and Corsair as well as the dog for sitting so still throughout Quote

06-08-2014, 15:09:06

SieB
Wow, that is pretty awesome.
Congrats to Wraith, it is always good to see people who post back and show their appreciation for things they have won. Not many of the comp winners/people who get given stuff do :\Quote

06-08-2014, 15:50:17

Phenakism
You done well in the vid pal!

Congratz on the awesome prizes Wraith.Quote

06-08-2014, 22:39:26

UkGouki
im well happy for you paul well deserved and Tom again proved why he is an absolutely great bloke and a legend !

now you know how i felt when i came 2nd a few years back in the epic chrimbo comp. its overwhelming and i welled upped when tom and the other tom from aria sorted everything for me.

sincerly

rich aka UkGoukiQuote

07-08-2014, 04:17:14

remember300
Was nice to see the reaction, you did better than i would, that box would of been opened before i even got it in through the door.

Glad to see your appreciation, and im gladder still to see you have a project in mind whether its going to be a Pentium or something else build. hope to see a second vid of ya putting it all together.

Congrats again mate could not of gone to a better person. Quote

07-08-2014, 10:00:17

AverageNinja
Congratulations Wraithguard! I'm very happy for you, and you did a great job on the video

Also Tom, you're a legend mate, as I said before you do really care about the community, which is great to see

Looking really forward to a buildlog! Quote

14-08-2014, 06:37:59

tinytomlogan
Oh look whats arrived and it appears to have your name on it wraith!Quote

14-08-2014, 06:43:53

Excalabur50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Oh look whats arrived and it appears to have your name on it wraith!
I seriously think Wraith is gonna have a whole lotsa fun with thatQuote

14-08-2014, 06:45:34

remember300
very lucky boy and i dont blame him having fun with that Quote

14-08-2014, 06:47:39

Feronix
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Oh look whats arrived and it appears to have your name on it wraith!
Is it the McAfee offer that is inside the box?

Jokes aside, congrats dude, you deserve it Quote

14-08-2014, 06:52:32

barnsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Is it the McAfee offer that is inside the box?

Jokes aside, congrats dude, you deserve it
I've got several McAfee offers you can't refuse if you want it .

They're rebranding to "Intel Security" soon as McAfee is owned by intel. Probably explains why my enterprise grade McAfee hates my AMD rig ¬¬Quote

14-08-2014, 06:54:49

RamboOC


I kenw ttl would convert you to an intel set up

Have fun overclocking that pentium! Quote

14-08-2014, 07:22:34

RizeAllard
Nice gift Have a good time with it and lets see how it goes

Please make us a video on that..Quote

14-08-2014, 09:11:46

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Oh look whats arrived and it appears to have your name on it wraith!
My OC senses are tingling. Oooooh boy.

I also received some goodies in the mail mans sack
http://i.imgur.com/hmlDyCg.jpg
It's time to get my MOD on, and for the rest of you boys a nice OC3D lesson in Sata Data Cable sleeving. Quote

14-08-2014, 09:14:02

Permafrost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
My OC senses are tingling. Oooooh boy.

I also received some goodies in the mail mans sack
http://i.imgur.com/hmlDyCg.jpg
It's time to get my MOD on, and for the rest of you boys a nice OC3D lesson in Sata Data Cable sleeving.
sweet!

i really want a sticker to put on my psu when i've finished painting it Quote

14-08-2014, 09:15:32

chudley
Someone is gonna have fun building a huge NAS server as well by the looks of the other contents in the box Quote

14-08-2014, 09:31:48

ShaunB-91
OC3D stickers, where will that be going? Quote

14-08-2014, 09:40:40

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB-91 View Post
OC3D stickers, where will that be going?
I know I'm a tease Those are for something else, but you'll see soon enough.Quote

14-08-2014, 09:45:07

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
I know I'm a tease Those are for something else, but you'll see soon enough.
Shame they are one colour, Im sure Ive got proper ones around that sizeQuote

14-08-2014, 09:45:42

RadeonHDx
Can't wait to see Wraith! Personally I didn't think the Dom Plats matched the 4100 .Quote

14-08-2014, 09:48:25

barnsley
Shame the Pentium supports 1333 max . Still it'll look amazeballs I'm sure Quote

14-08-2014, 09:48:35

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Shame they are one colour, Im sure Ive got proper ones around that size
Those are just one off runs for size comparison, I have some multi coloured ready for cutting They are 4" x 4" and also some 2" x 2".. It's all a work in progress at the moment. Hopefully smash them out this weekend.Quote

14-08-2014, 09:49:39

RamboOC
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Shame the Pentium supports 1333 max . Still it'll look amazeballs I'm sure
But people go 2166mhz on it

Just like the 4790k supports officialy max 1600mhzQuote

14-08-2014, 09:51:35

barnsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboOC View Post
But people go 2166mhz on it

Just like the 4770k supports officialy max 1600mhz
Oh riiiiiiiight. Welp, shows how much I know about Ram support .Quote

14-08-2014, 09:52:44

tinytomlogan
I had the review one running at 2400mhz.........Quote

14-08-2014, 09:56:54

barnsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
I had the review one running at 2400mhz.........
Well my bad :P.

I was looking at getting another one with a better motherboard if mine(although the motherboard I have for it apparently is fine, yay) is a crap performer and saw the max supported ram on Scan and panicked.Quote

14-08-2014, 10:02:36

RamboOC
with cheap low end motherboards (eg based on the b81 chipset), the ram speed is usually limited by the motherboard

With good/higher end motherboards the ram itsealf and the imc (integrated memory controller) is the limit

2133mhz is going to be easy for the imc on the pentium k. with slight imc voltage adjustments if its set to manual (compared to 1600mhz)

I have no idea why intel advertises their max ram speed on haswell/refresh as 1333 or 1600. Apart from the first gen i3s/i5s/i7s where people were going for 2400mhz+ i havent seen any failures caused by the higher ram speedQuote

14-08-2014, 10:10:55

tinytomlogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboOC View Post
with cheap low end motherboards (eg based on the b81 chipset), the ram speed is usually limited by the motherboard

With good/higher end motherboards the ram itsealf and the imc (integrated memory controller) is the limit

2133mhz is going to be easy for the imc on the pentium k. with slight imc voltage adjustments if its set to manual (compared to 1600mhz)

I have no idea why intel advertises their max ram speed on haswell/refresh as 1333 or 1600. Apart from the first gen i3s/i5s/i7s where people were going for 2400mhz+ i havent seen any failures caused by the higher ram speed

Limited by the chipset fella H97 is 1600mhz for example.Quote

14-08-2014, 13:32:22

UkGouki
oh man your gonna have major fun with that pentium k enjoy it man Quote

14-08-2014, 14:59:36

yassarikhan786
Fookin' hell TTL, your magic cupboard really does have an endless supply of goodies.

Congrats Wraith, well deserved.Quote

14-08-2014, 15:54:48

Lonestar166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
I seriously think Wraith is gonna have a whole lotsa fun with that
You're the best TTL, just thought you should know.Quote

14-08-2014, 17:27:11

Bartacus
Nice video Paul! Great stuff, and very generous of our lord and master! I LOLed when you said "the 750 Ti, or T.I. for those of us who don't speak Tom". LMAO!! Quote

17-08-2014, 18:12:17

shambles1980
made my wife watch she just said "im a bit sad he didnt cry"

Well like i said els were i think it was a great vid. and really liked the emotions in it.




So this is ttl "wait its not"Quote

17-08-2014, 18:16:34

Wraith
Well it's better than what my missus said.. She just said "Gay".

Yeah I kind of messed my words up, but I was utterly speechless.Quote

17-08-2014, 18:19:32

shambles1980
well just recently i started to upgrade my old Q6600, so the wife got pretty familiar with how much all this stuff costs. she says if she didn't know she would have said "gay" too.

But she did say she was waiting to see you cry and was disappointed that you didn't. "i think shes a bit sadistic"Quote

17-08-2014, 18:24:07

Wraith
I think it's just women in general, they like to make us suffer. Quote

03-09-2014, 09:26:25

Wraith
A tiny update for all you boys & girls.. the fantastic TTL has sent forth more awesome goodness which has just passed over my threshold. Thus extending my smile to epic proportions. A full strip down will begin soon and build log will follow including OC achievements.

http://i.imgur.com/rIiWFGr.jpgQuote

03-09-2014, 09:29:17

barnsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
A tiny update for all you boys & girls.. the fantastic TTL has sent forth more awesome goodness which has just passed over my threshold. Thus extending my smile to epic proportions. A full strip down will begin soon and build log will follow including OC achievements.
Neat. I have a h97 'board for my pentium as well. when I fix the cooling we should have an OC off .Quote

03-09-2014, 09:35:43

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Neat. I have a h97 'board for my pentium as well. when I fix the cooling we should have an OC off .
It's ON!!! Let battle commence


Actually do we have a stable target?....Quote

03-09-2014, 09:39:51

barnsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
It's ON!!! Let battle commence


Actually do we have a stable target?....
Seems that people can get 4ghz+ on the stock cooler so I guess 4 could be an easy reach. I'll see what I can dig up.Quote

03-09-2014, 09:41:18

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Seems that people can get 4ghz+ on the stock cooler so I guess 4 could be an easy reach. I'll see what I can dig up.
I'm thinking 4.4Ghz depends on the Lottery.. maybe even push 4.6Ghz like Scan did.Quote

03-09-2014, 09:51:20

barnsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
I'm thinking 4.4Ghz depends on the Lottery.. maybe even push 4.6Ghz like Scan did.
5ghz+ or go home for me

I'm joking, I doubt my motherboard/chip would like the large amount of voltage needed for that.Quote

03-09-2014, 09:54:45

TalllPaul
Probably the most emotional unboxing I have ever seen lolQuote

03-09-2014, 10:12:31

JR23
Sign me up for a front row seat to the clock off Man G3258's sound like awesome fun, good luck with the build wraith.

JRQuote

03-09-2014, 10:31:04

Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
A tiny update for all you boys & girls.. the fantastic TTL has sent forth more awesome goodness which has just passed over my threshold. Thus extending my smile to epic proportions. A full strip down will begin soon and build log will follow including OC achievements.

http://i.imgur.com/rIiWFGr.jpg
More stuff ? Someones the teachers pet

Looking forward to the build log Quote

03-09-2014, 11:35:27

neotrix
bloody hell fella. Well played on both you an OC3DQuote

03-09-2014, 11:57:48

voodoografix
Congrats wraithguard , A most awesome prize fair play fella . Would like to see the buildQuote

03-09-2014, 11:59:35

paulstung
Well done mate, that Pentium is loads of fun, I had mine under water at 4.2, but I needed to borrow the pump, so I threw the stock cooler on, and thought what the hell I'll try and boot with all the same settings, and that's where it has stayed.Quote

03-09-2014, 12:47:05

Germo
Wow, grats man! Really nice surprise. Just don't kill that cpu with too high oc A 750 ti is my secret dream Quote

03-09-2014, 12:48:19

FredEx
Congrats Wraithguard. It is tough to take all that and keep it together.Quote

03-09-2014, 17:07:17

Scarecrow1976
Congrats !! Looks great !!Quote

03-09-2014, 17:18:19

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstung View Post
Well done mate, that Pentium is loads of fun, I had mine under water at 4.2, but I needed to borrow the pump, so I threw the stock cooler on, and thought what the hell I'll try and boot with all the same settings, and that's where it has stayed.
Currently rocking 4.0Ghz @ 1.08v This chip is soooo easy to Overclock, although I'm not 100% clued up on this bios yet, so the RAM is currently at 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (1.5v) so I need to give it some attention soon.Quote

03-09-2014, 17:29:44

chrismjurd
nice one dude, me and one of my mates were tinkering with his, and got similar results, was so surprised how relativley simple it was to get 4ghz, nice.Quote

04-09-2014, 20:07:11

PacificNic
Anyone else unable to see video or just me?Quote

04-09-2014, 21:08:12

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificNic View Post
Anyone else unable to see video or just me?
Just you buddy, I've checked my Youtube Channel & OP link it's all good.Quote

04-09-2014, 21:28:30

PacificNic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
Just you buddy, I've checked my Youtube Channel & OP link it's all good.
For some reason it works on my phone but not PC (both on Chrome)... Oh well. Time to get sat down and have a watch!Quote

06-09-2014, 17:53:45

crap-at-games
congrats to both of you for your awesome giftsQuote

07-09-2014, 06:42:22

mikeyc33
Way to go what a beauty of a prize please let me know what you think of the case as i have one arriving tomorrow morning and want to put a custom loop in it .Well done mate and all glory to OC3D for the fantastic comp.Quote

07-09-2014, 09:01:39

Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyc33 View Post
Way to go what a beauty of a prize please let me know what you think of the case as i have one arriving tomorrow morning and want to put a custom loop in it .Well done mate and all glory to OC3D for the fantastic comp.
The case is awesome! Loads of room and the cooling is exceptional, as for a custom loop, I don't know what to tell you as I only run the H100i but you could get a 240 rad in the front easy, also tones of room in the roof for a 360 but you would have to make a compromise with the the drive bays if you wanted to use a bay res, there are hundreds of mounting options for pretty much any custom loop.Quote
Reply
x

Register for the OC3D Newsletter

Subscribing to the OC3D newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the latest technology reviews, competitions and goings-on at Overclock3D. We won't share your email address with ANYONE, and we will only email you with updates on site news, reviews, and competitions and you can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Simply enter your name and email address into the box below and be sure to click on the links in the confirmation emails that will arrive in your e-mail shortly after to complete the registration.

If you run into any problems, just drop us a message on the forums.