Overclock3D & Komplett's "Best Overclocker" Competition
Published: 10th December 2007 | Source: Komplett |
Are you the best Overclocker?
If so, Overclock3D and Komplett challenge you to enter our latest competition to win one of 5 award winning Abit IP35 Pro motherboards recently reviewed by OC3D in the first round of our competition. If you can prove your skill and manage to be one of the lucky 5, you'll be in with a chance of winning a HIGH END PC UPGRADE courtesy of Komplett and Abit.
Round 1: Overclock your own PC
For example: if your PC is based around an Intel Core2Duo E4300 CPU with a stock speed of 1.8ghz, and you manage to push the CPU speed up to 2.8ghz , this would count as a 55% overclock.
There are no restrictions on the type of cooling or other components used, so feel free to be as creative and extreme as you like.
All we ask is that you provide CPU-Z verified 'stock' and 'overclocked' shots of your processor in action. The overclock doesn't even have to be stable, so long as you can boot into windows and run CPU-Z you're in with a chance!! Further information on CPU-Z verification and downloading of the CPU-Z program can be found in our forums.
Winners of the Round 1 will be announced on November 27th based on the the current leader board table.
Round 2: Let's Overclock the Abit IP35-Pro
To be in with a chance of winning, we want you to use your existing hardware combined with the Abit IP35 Pro motherboard sent to you by Komplett to achieve the highest possible score (lowest time) in SuperPI Mod 1M. Once again any type of cooling goes, and we'll be looking for screenshots of both SuperPI and CPU-Z for validation of your results. Further information on how to use SuperPI will be posted in our forums nearer the time.
Rules of Entry
- Entering the competition is at your own risk. Overclock3D, Komplett.co.uk and Abit do not accept any responsibility or issue guarantee on parts used for the overclocking competition.
- Entry is limited to the following countries: UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Germany, France, Austria, Denmark & Sweden
- When accepting to the second round challenge, Komplett.co.uk & Abit will sent you the Abit IP35 Pro motherboard for free. At the same time you commit yourself to pro-actively enter the competition.
- The winners of the first round are chosen by the percentage overclock obtained from their existing hardware. Winners of the second round are chosen by the best results (lowest time) obtained in SuperPi Mod 1M.
- You are required to upload one or more pictures of your system throughout the competition along with benchmark results and discussion of any problems encountered.
- NO posting of old results. All CPU-Z verification links must have a date on or after 06/11/07 (competition start date).
- The first round of the competition is limited to LGA775, Socket939 or AM2 platform motherboards only.
- All means of cooling are permitted in both rounds of the competition.
- Overclock3D and Komplett reserve the right to refuse entry into the competition and any entrant found falsifying results will be instantly removed.
- Usual Overclock3D forum rules and liability waivers apply.
VISIT OUR FORUMS TO SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS
And don't forget to Digg It